Are you looking to add something new to the style and appeal of your home? Are you looking for renovation ideas to improve the value of your home? If that is the case, decorative concrete driveways available in exciting patterns and colours are the best choice.
A concrete driveway and concrete repairs North Brunswick NJ provides an ideal alternative to the asphalt-based surface. However, just like asphalt, a plain concrete driveway is not all that appealing to the eye.
A concrete driveway is usually grey, whereas an asphalt driveway is frequently black in colour. In case you wish to move away from these plain colours, the option is to use decorative concrete driveways.
A decorative pavement can be painted, stained, textured or given an intricate pattern. Also, just like any concrete driveway, this surface will be very durable and cost-effective. A decorative driveway is effective at enhancing the curb appeal of your home while simultaneously increasing its potential market value.
Having a great decorative concrete driveway and concrete repairs North Brunswick NJ
You need to understand what the project entails so that you can have a basic idea of what to expect. Below are some frequently asked questions about decorative concrete driveways that will help you understand this paving method better:
· What is a decorative concrete driveway? This is a specialised process in which an experienced paving contractor pours specially mixed, coloured concrete while treating it with molds and/or tools that provide the concrete with a textured look. The look can resemble nearly anything from slate to pavers to cobblestone and aggregate. The advantages of this paving method are that it has exceptional strength, it’s weather resistant, it can conform to any shape and it can also last longer than the traditional materials.
· What’s the cost of having a decorative concrete driveway? Decorative concrete is a really affordable alternative compared to pavers, stones, slate or brick. For a cost that is slightly more than regular concrete, you can experience the beauty and the advantages of a decorative concrete driveway. Together with the benefits of concrete over other paving materials, the value is well worth your investment.
· Are decorative concrete driveways difficult to maintain? No, it isn’t difficult to maintain provided that you wash off any contaminants as soon as you possibly can. After the trained pavement installers leave your home, your driveway will be almost maintenance-free. A simple occasional sweeping and washing is all you will need to keep your driveway looking beautiful. To maintain your driveway’s original luster, it’s recommended that you coat the concrete with a protective sealer every three to four years. Your paving contractor should provide you with the necessary maintenance and care instructions for your decorative concrete driveway.
· How can I find the right contractor to install the pavement on my driveway? You can look online, on local directories or ask the people you trust for referrals. Alternatively, you can look at the decorative concrete driveways in your neighbourhood and get the names of the paving contractors who installed the driveways that attract you most. Ensure you ask the homeowners about their experience with the respective contractors and their quality of workmanship. You can also get references from your friends, home builders or the local ready-mix suppliers. After you’ve come up with a list of paving contractors, you can contact each of the contractors and ask them for references and make them give you a list of projects they have done in your area so that you can check them out. Also, ask the paving contractors how long they have been in business, if they have insurance, whether or not they have any professional documentation, and if they offer a warranty for their work.
· Should I seal my driveway? You need to apply a high quality sealer to your driveway, since the sealer aids in protecting the concrete from moisture absorption, grease and oils stains and exposure to chemicals. On the decorative coloured concrete, the sealer will also help improve the colour. Irrespective of the sealer you use, make sure you apply it according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
· What happens when the colour on the finished project isn’t what I expected? It is a bit unrealistic to expect your paving contractor to exactly match the colour of your driveway to a sample in the showroom, the decorative concrete driveway in the neighbouring home, or a picture from a brochure. Even the plain concrete may exhibit some colour variations, particularly if the project needs more than a single load of concrete or the concrete placements are done on different days. Majority of such variations are negligible and will usually fade over time.
· How do decorative concrete driveways compare to natural stone? Decorative concrete is not only more cost-effective, it’s also more durable compared to natural stone. This is because water can’t penetrate grout joints, freeze or even pop loose. Nearly all natural stones will flake when exposed to UV rays. Also, the sealing maintenance for the decorative concrete will last up to three times longer when you use an acrylic sealer, which can’t be used on the natural stone.